Saturday, November 18, 2006

I don't even know what to say.

Below the fold, I'm posting an extremely upsetting video.  A UCLA student was repeatedly tasered in the Powell library, and someone recorded the encounter.  The police can be heard threatening students who have asked for the arresting officer(s) badge number(s).  The subject was refusing to move, and rather than simply handcuffing and removing him, they tasered him, handcuffed, and then repeatedly tasered him again, and again, and again.

I'm sick to my stomach over this.

I called UCPD, and they pretty much told me to fuck off.  They wouldn't even tell me who I could contact, at the school,  that had supervisory power over them.  I was simply told to call back on Monday.  No one would even discuss the matter until then.  Maybe you'll have better luck than I will.  Here's their number: 310-825-1491.
In case that doesn't work, the main switchboard at UCLA is 310-825-4321.

Again, this video is disturbing. The student being arrested is screaming in pain, the officers are shouting at him, the other students are visibly scared and angry.

No comments: