Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What a week I've had!

Housesitting.

Never really minded doing it before, but I've been at it for three weeks now, for three different houses. I have to be at Kevin's house at least every six hours, have to be at my house twice a day, and on top of that, I've been helping out in northeast for the last four days or so. Plus a very brief side trip over Cornelius Pass to see Miss Anne and Husbot! Am glad things are calming down again tomorrow.

I have to pick up Ericka and Kevin at the airport, at which time Ericka will learn that Holly's tumor has come back with a vengeance. :( Kevin knows, but we both figure that there's no point in making the South Dakota visit any more unpleasant than necessary, so Ericka hasn't been told yet. I really hope that they can treat this, but it's moved pretty aggressively in the last five days or so.

On the positive side, the momma kitty that adopted Kevin and Ericka's porch has decided to trust me. That may have something to do with the fact that I feed her. She sure looks like she needs it. So skinny! The babies (actually, I've only seen one, but Kevin says there are three) only stare from a distance. Such a beautiful little cat. It's a little white puff ball, with grey ears, nose, and tail, and brilliant blue eyes. I am having a very hard time not adopting them, but I really don't have the space. Besides, I think Baby and Bitch would be furious at me if I brought home kittens.

Gonna try to get down to Eugene in the next day or so to see my brother. He's really enjoying the new job. That makes me happy. I'm so proud of him.

Anyway, I'm gonna go lurk at a few blogs, might post a tune or two at one of the MRR type blogs.

Much love, many blessings.

No comments: