Tuesday, August 29, 2006

...And The Waves

Today's music is brought to you via The Babbling Academy.
I was going to just post it, and then it occurred to me what day it is.

One year ago, that bitch showed up.

I was still in a self imposed exile at Barger.
Incommunicado.

Must have been going home early for Labor Day. I remember hearing something on the radio about the weather, but I've never really paid to much attention to that sort of thing.

And then I turned on the t.v. at Mom's house. Hadn't watched t.v. in months, I guess. Flipped right over to CNN.

And wept.

There's a certain dichotomy here. Walking On Sunshine is a fun song. Used to remind me of Ange. Now, it's the name of the band that sticks in my head. I know it seems flip to post that, but I don't mean it that way.

So, she gets that, and one more, and then I'll post the playlist.

"A year she said and you shook your head
Said I'’m surprised it'’s gone on that long
Baby, baby, baby bitch
For words I am at a loss"

---

Evening.
Or morning.
Whatever.
I can't sleep.

I like this set. I can't seem to find the thread, but I think it all goes together somehow.

Goddess On A Hiway, Mercury Rev

Five On It (Remix), Luniz, featuring Dru Down, E-40, Richie Rich, Shock G, Spice 1

Empire (Video), Kasabian

Finch On A Saturday, Horse Feathers

Yeah, alright maybe it doesn't all go well together, but that's tonight's set.

Much love, many blessings

No comments: