Friday, December 28, 2007

Just a note of mourning...

I just felt like adding my voice to the clamor regarding Benazir Bhutto. I am much saddened, and dismayed, by her passing. I fear what this will mean for her country, the region, the rest of the world. Such a damned shame.

So, now what? What happens after the January elections? Will there still be elections? Will they even matter?

I feel as if our chances for sanity and peace are flying from us, one by one, and ever faster.

Nothing much else to say, I guess. Hope is such a flickering candle, sometimes.

Candle In The Wind, Elton John

1 comment:

Cat Chew said...

Tariq Ali on the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in The Guardian (12-28-07):
A tragedy born of military despotism and anarchy

Hope you have a happy, healthy 2008, Waiting for Cicero!